Program of Events in Gilgandra leading up to the start
Thursday 15 October 2015:
- Provisions night and farewell hosted by the Lions Club at the Royal Hotel at the corner of Miller and Bridge Streets in Gilgandra, starting at 6 pm. There will be a barbecue and a bush band and visitors are welcome to attend
Friday 16 October 2015:
- Farewell Ball at Gilgandra Shire Hall starting at 7.30 pm. Tickets ($25 each) are available from M H Thomas in Gilgandra (phone 02 6847 2489). Everyone attending is encouraged to wear period costume.
Saturday 17 October 2015:
- 7 am Marchers leave Showground and march to Hunter Park (CWA Rooms) for a sausage sizzle breakfast catered by the Lions Club
- 9 am Church service at St Ambrose Church in Myrtle Street in Gilgandra. Members of the public are invited to attend.
- 10.45 am Official farewell at the commemorative Coo-ee March cairn in Bridge Street, which marks the spot where the original Coo-ee March commenced
- 11 am Commencement of the Coo-ee March 2015 Re-enactment. Members of the public are encouraged to line the streets to watch the marchers in a street parade from Bridge Street into Miller Street onto the Newell Highway where they will stop at the Coo-ee March Memorial Park gateway for a short commemorative service, before they leave Gilgandra on their long march to Sydney, following in the footsteps of the original Coo-ees, who left Gilgandra on 10th October 1915.