Euchareena to Boomey Sunday 25th October 2015
The marchers left Euchareena at 8 am after breakfast.
On the road to Boomey, the marchers passed the “Old Nubrygyn” woolshed near Nubrigan Creek, a few kilometres from Euchareena.
An article published in the The Farmer and Settler on 15th October 1915 reported that the Coo-ees had stopped at this woolshed which was at the time in full operation, and that ‘one of the shearers signified his intention of enlisting, promising to join the Coo-ees at Orange’, and that the ‘proprietors, Messrs. Brazier Bros., gave a sheep’ to the Coo-ees. The Coo-ees had then stopped for lunch at the nearby Nubrigan Creek to have lunch under the willow trees. The property is still run by the Brazier family today.
The marchers arrived at their campsite at Boomey at 12.45 pm, and then had the afternoon to rest.
Several residents of the local area visited them to have a chat.